About Our Experienced Doctor & Specialized Chiropractor
To Your “Total Health” – Dr. Stewart Scoville
Dr. Stewart Scoville is a gentle, caring, and highly experienced chiropractor. He has over 21 years of experience in private practice treating patients with chronic or acute back, neck, shoulder, sciatic nerve, and extremity pain.
Dr. Scoville is specially trained in many techniques including Koren Specific Technique, Thompson Technique, Logan Basic Technique, and the Activator Technique. He ensures that his patients are educated and comfortable with his treatment. His goal is to get his patients well and healthy through chiropractic care.
Dr. Scoville was a welder by trade before he made a choice to become a chiropractor. His brother was a chiropractor and he taught Dr. Scoville some very useful tips in helping his wife get through her pregnancy. He found he was good at it so he decided to change professions and become a chiropractor. He plays an active role in his community, and enjoys community theater, river rafting, horses and most importantly spending time with his family.
- 2 years of pre-law, Medicine Hat College
- 2 years of pre-med, Medicine Hat College, Brigham Young University
- 5 Academic Years, Logan Chiropractic College, BS, DC
- Activator Adjusting
- Diversified Adjusting
- Thompson Adjusting
- Koren Specific Technique with Arthrostim instrument
- 21 years in solo practice
- Koren Specific Technique
- Logan Basic Technique
- Activator Technique
- Thompson Technique
- Diversified Technique
- American Chiropractic Association
- American Chiropractic Scoliosis Foundation
- Professional Chiropractic Association of Carbon County
- Educator’s Mutual
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Worker’s comp.
- Fiserv Health
- Any other Insurance that pays non- PPO providers
- National Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Certificate #32250 1986
- American Chiropractic Scoliosis Foundation March 17, 1992
- Activator Methods Proficiency Certificate August 22, 1987
- Clinical Proficiency Certificate, Logan Chiropractic College August 22, 1987
Honors and Awards:
- Selected for National Directory of Who’s Who in Executives and Professionals 1996-1997
- Oxford Who’s Who of Extraordinary Professionals 1992-1993
- GTO from Parker Seminars 2000, for completion of over 225 hours post-grad study Father Flannigan’s Boy’s Town, Honorary Citizen 1992
- St Louis Community Health Center Certificate of Appreciation for service to the downtown area, 1987
- Academy of Clinical Interns, Logan Chiropractic College, Chesterfield, MO 1987
- Clinical Proficiency Certificate, Logan Chiropractic College, Chesterfield, MO 1987
- Activator Methods Proficiency Certificate, August 22, 1987
- American Chiropractic Scoliosis Foundation, March 17, 1992
- Continuing Education, Dale Carnegie Course 4.2 CEU’s 1992
- Meritorious Service Award, Logan Chiropractic College, 1992
- Anthony Robbins Certificate of Completion, 1999 Advanced course of study
- Special Merit Award for Contribution to the children of Utah
- Two years as a missionary in Ireland and Scotland, 1975-77
- President, Price Rotary Club, Price, UT 1992-93 Member for 10+ years
- President, Castle Valley Community Theatre, 1993-95
- Board of Directors Castle Valley Community Theatre, 1992-Present
- Leader in several positions in the Scouting program, 5+ years
- Little League baseball coach 3 years
- Babe Ruth baseball coach 2 years
- Member, Price Vocal Ensemble 1994-2005
Frequently Asked Questions.
Why do I have pain in my arms and hands?
Why did my headaches start more than a week after my accident?
Will I ever be normal again?
Learn More About Our Chiropractic Care
For additional information please visit our Neck Pain Relief Center.
Imagine balancing a 12 lb. (5.5 kg.) bowling ball on the tips of your fingers all day long. That’s just one of many things your neck must do. Your neck and shoulders work hard. Even the smallest deviation in the relationships of the seven bones of your cervical spine (neck) can cause pain and reduced head and neck mobility.
Minor and Major
Generally, we see two types of neck pain cases. Minor neck and shoulder pain involve sensations of discomfort, stiffness or soreness. If these symptoms last for more than a day or so, occur frequently or were preceded by an accident or some type of injury, we consider it major.
Response to Stress
Physical, emotional or chemical stress can affect the frequency and severity of neck pain. For many of us, the neck and shoulders are the “weakest link in the chain” and so stress shows up here. Often, emotional stress is the overlooked culprit. Ever hear of something being a “pain in the neck”? Fear, anger or frustration can trigger the tightening of our neck muscles without our even being conscious. In time, chronic muscle spasms set in. This can lead to headaches. Some over-the-counter pain reliever might dull the pain, but it ignores the underlying cause!
Consult Our Practice
We see this sort of thing all the time. It’s almost routine. Chiropractic care has a history of producing excellent results with those suffering from neck pain. And we do it naturally, without drugs or surgery. At Scoville Chiropractic Pain Relief Clinic we focus in reducing interference to the nervous system in the neck. Many of our patients find that chiropractic care gives them relief from both minor and major neck and shoulder complaints.
Whiplash & Auto Accident Relief Center
For additional information please visit our Whiplash & Auto Accident Relief Center.
It started with a routine trip to the store. Suddenly you hear a screeching of tires and the harsh sound of metal hitting metal. In a split second, before you can brace yourself, you feel your car moving from some unseen force!
It’s tempting to minimize your own injuries because your car has sustained little or no damage. Research shows that occupants can be injured considerably more than what you’d expect from a dented fender or a broken tail light.
The Medical Solution
If you visit the emergency room, you may be given a clean bill of health because you don’t have any broken bones. You might get a prescription to reduce the muscle spasms caused by structural changes in your neck or lower back. After what you’ve been through, you’ll need a health professional that truly understands soft tissue injuries, spinal biomechanics, and rehabilitation strategies.
We Can Help
Whether it was a little incident in the parking lot, or two cars attempting to occupy the same space in an intersection, you need people who know how to work with lawyers and insurance companies. If you’ve been in a car accident, give us a call. We’ve been through this many times. Not only can we usually offer drug-free care, we can also help put this behind you once and for all.
Pain relievers of various types are the most common approach to headaches. In our practice we take a more natural approach. Our objective is to find and reduce the underlying cause of a headache.
A common cause of headaches is from spinal bones in the neck that aren’t supporting the head properly. You might not notice your reduced ability to turn your head. But these subluxations affect nerves, muscles and even the blood supply to your head. Our thorough examination detects subluxation patterns that could be causing your headaches. If subluxations are present, you’re likely to benefit from chiropractic care.
Some are surprised to learn that their headaches are being caused by problems in their lower back! The upper spine compensates, shifting the head off center, causing headaches.
While we can’t guarantee results we have a high success rate with patients who get headaches. Give us a call. Let’s sit down and discuss your unique situation.
Back Pain and Chiropractic
Pain of any kind is a signal that something is amiss. Some people silence their symptoms with a pain reliever and ignore the message. But that would be like removing the battery to quiet a smoke detector!
Two Common Causes
The nerve-rich facet joints on the backside of each spinal bone are a common cause of back pain. The pain can be a sign these interlocking “fingers” aren’t moving right.
The discs between spinal bones can be involved, too. Trauma can cause the soft, pulpy material in the middle to bulge, putting pressure on nearby nerves.
We’ve helped many people with safe and natural chiropractic care. However, other choices include:
- Ignore it (Spinal problems may worsen)
- Bed rest (May prolong the problem)
- Therapy (Stresses malfunctioning joints)
- Medicine (Numbs the body)
- Surgery (The most serious last resort)
- The Chiropractic Approach
Specific chiropractic adjustments can help improve spinal function. By restoring the way your spine works, discs and soft tissues may heal, nerve involvement may be reduced, pain can ease and better stability can return. If you don’t have a chiropractor, we’d like to be yours. Schedule a consultation today!
Choose committed healthcare professionals for your health & wellbeing!
8:30 to 11:00 am
2:00 to 5:30 pm